Make Up Clean Up
It seems as though it never takes long before my makeup kit starts looking like a mini tornado came through the night before. I’ve started to make it a habit that when a new season comes around, the same way I do with my wardrobe, I spring/fall clean my makeup. Here are my tips below for creating an organized oasis of your makeup.
- Empty out your makeup kit so that there is nothing left inside. Caution, you will be disgusted at what is sitting on the bottom floor. I didn’t post the picture of my initial emptied kit because it was that repulsive.
- Clean off your makeup palettes, both inside and out. I like to use makeup remover wipes as they get all the residue/grease/gunk off efficiently. Afterwards, use the wipes to clean out the inside of your makeup kit.
- Lay out your colors. Determine what you use, don’t use, what has broken and needs to be disposed of. Here is a guideline of cosmetic shelf life; powder products – 2 years, cream products – 6 months to 1 year, mascara – 3 months, lipstick – 2 years.
- Make a list of what you’re missing and/or what needs to be replenished. If there is a hot color or trend, now is the time to look at adding it to your kit.
- Return your makeup back into your kit in an organized way that will be easy to maintain.